It’s the love story of two, the obsession of four, and the lengths one will go to for the person they love.
Because some people will do anything for the one they love…
When big time Hollywood actor, Jay Daniels, meets small time Aussie author, Ari Travers, at her local writers’ group in Australia during a break in the filming of his current movie, he’s instantly taken with her wild style and creative streak, and she with his tousled brown hair, and sexy beard that highlights his dimples perfectly.
After spending a week getting to know each other, he persuades her to let him read her latest novel, a novel so brilliant he’s determined to turn it into a blockbuster movie in which he stars. He puts his plan into motion; a plan to move her into his life and his New York brownstone, but all she wants is his lips on hers and for his tongue to do very wicked things indeed.
Upon their arrival in New York, they’re greeted by Jay’s abusive ex-wife, who doesn’t let up over the following months. Ari soon realises it’s not going to be an easy path to loving Jay or to making him put her first in his very hectic life, which includes his two young children.
When Jay’s growing control issues and anger over his ex-wife’s interference threatens their fledgling romance, Ari decides the heartache isn’t worth the pain and concedes by backing away, making a very obsessed Jay realise exactly how far he’s willing to go for the person he loves most.
For Oscar, and his partner in crime, Jason Sudeikis, for giving me a Colossal idea for a novel.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ANYTHING FOR YOU
– Anything for You was inspired by the character of Oscar from the movie Colossal, starring Jason Sudeikis and Anne Hathaway.
– I saw the movie one Thursday afternoon and thought “what is this shit?”, and then continued watching to find out exactly what that shit was. Knowing I’d missed the first part of the movie, I tracked it down online and watched it from the beginning, and several times thereafter, getting a good feel for the character and the level of psychotic behaviour that was portrayed.
– Several days later, as I came through the stage between deep sleep and being awake, I was having a dream involving Oscar’s partner in crime, Jason Sudeikis, and when I was fully awake and aware, my first thoughts were, “ooh, that would make a good novel”. And so Anything for You was born.
– The title was a quick pick, as I only came up with a few names before feeling that Anything for You was the title it needed to be.
– I hoped the book would be around the 75,000 to 90,000 word range, as I wanted to write shorter stories than the Porn Star Brothers series, but after it took 20 days across 11 weeks and 2 days from February to April 2022 to write, it clocked in at 123,639 words. During the edits it went up to 133,662, and just weeks before publishing, it came down to 132,531 words, after I tweaked the ending.
JAY DANIELS – actor, comedian, tall, brown hair and eyes, scar and mole, Jason Sudeikis type
ARI TRAVERS – Me kind of type
BELINDA – librarian mid-20s, glasses
FIONA – 53, author in group, non-descript
POPPY – blonde, mid-twenties, author in group
BETHANY – 29, author in group, non-descript
ARI’S MUM – non-descript
EDITH – Editor, non-descript
CHUCK – Cover designer, non-descript
MERRICK STATTON – Jay’s lawyer, mid-60s, silver haired, decent stature
STATTON’S ASSISTANT – female, non-descript
BOBBY FLANNIGAN – Jay’s assistant, 35, tall, brown almost black curly hair
GLORIA HANNAFORD – actress, late-30s, average height/weight, light brown hair, light eyes
ANDREW DANIELS – son of Gloria and Jay, 10, lanky, brown hair
MARISOL DANIELS – daughter of Gloria and Jay, 8, brown hair, skinny, brown eyes
DENVER – singer musician, tall, slim, late-20s
NYPD OFFICER – female, average height
NYPD OFFICER – tall, African American male
STEPHEN COLBERT – as himself
MAURY – TV show host, 60-something, six feet, grey streaks in black hair, attractive
MAUREEN – TV show host, 32, slim, attractive, long brown hair, long legs
FLOOR MANAGER/ASSISTANT – non-descript
FLASH: RECEPTIONIST – non-descript
FLASH: GENEVIEVE TOMMERS – non-descript
MELINDA DANIELS – Jay’s mother, early 70s, brown hair and eyes, medium height
BEN DANIELS – Jay’s father, early 70s, brown hair and eyes, balding, tall
JESSICA DANIELS – Jay’s older sister, brown hair and eyes, tall
MICHELLE DANIELS – Jay’s younger sister, brown hair and eyes, tall
YOUNG DANIELS GIRL – granddaughter, about 10, long brown hair
KEN J. JAMISON – radio show host, mid 60s, grey, arrogant son of a bitch
ZENNITH WILLIAMS – radio show host, mid-30s, almost shaved hair, full lips, mixed heritage
ZENNITH’S ASSISTANT – non-descript
TAD REARDON – Jay’s friend, actor comedian, mid-forties, tall, dark good looks
WENDY GALLAGHER – Jay’s friend, actress comedian, willowy, tall, shoulder length auburn hair, porcelain skin, brown eyes
MACK ELLINGTON – Jay’s best friend, actor comedian, 5’10, brown hair, blue eyes
BABETTE LONDON – Jay’s friend, actress, early fifties
CHRISTMAS PARTY STAFF – non-descript
THE VILLAGE PEOPLE – as themselves
THEATRE MANAGER – non-descript
MARILYN HANNAFORD – late 60s, stuffy upper crust, non-descript
GODFREY HANNAFORD – late 60s, stuffy upper crust, non-descript
ROSS – Jay’s manager, non-descript
COMPETITION WINNERS – non-descript
PSYCHIC – withered old lady, white bun
PSYCHIC’S GRANDDAUGHTER – non-descript
MAN ON STREET – non-descript
ELDERWOOD WAY OLD MAN – non-descript
ELDERWOOD WAY ORDERLY – non-descript
DETECTIVE GARMOND – Australian, mid-forties, salt and pepper hair
DETECTIVE MARBLACK – Australian, non-descript
GC COPS – Australian, non-descript
DETECTIVE LEE RAILGATE – American, non-descript
DETECTIVE DAN CASTELL – American, non-descript
JEFFREY GAMBON – six feet, brown hair and eyes, slim, sick
NEIGHBOURS – non-descript
NYPD OFFICERS – non-descript
DOCTORS – non-descript
RESTAURANT CHEFS/MANAGERS – non-descript
WAITERS/WAITRESSES – non-descript
MOVERS – non-descript
AIRLINE STAFF – non-descript
TAXI/LIMO DRIVERS – non-descript
Anything For You: Spotify Playlist
While doing the videos for Anything for You, I came across many songs called, you guessed it, Anything for You.
I also used a couple of other songs that sounded good and went with the whole vibe of the book. I liked them so much, I bought the ones I could fine on iTunes.