At the beginning of the year I released my plan for the year when it came to my writing. A rather extensive plan, it detailed all of the things I wanted to do under three names.
Weirdly, I’ve actually managed to achieve quite a lot on that list, through sheer hard work and determination. Some things were pushed back, and are still not done, but most of it is.
Thankfully, things will hopefully be slowing down next year and my plan shouldn’t be too long.
So, to end off 2018, here’s the updated plan with everything I’ve achieved.
(1) Under Tiara King I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Release the six book series, Poems Of A Musical Flavour, in paperback.
– 1.2 – The paperbacks have been mostly done and need tweaking, which will be done sometime in Feb or March. I had a time limit for March for the 6 pbs, but it might be pushed back to May.
– 1.3 – All will be released through Amazon and Ingram Sparks which I have joined as a publisher and they will be under my imprint.
– 1.4 – I will also release the omnibus e-book and make e-book #1 permafree in March.
– 1.5 – The omnibus pb will be released in September and I’m doing my own interior and having the cover done professionally. It will be 6×9 size and very thick.
UPDATE – ALL six plus the omnibus deluxe edition which is actually 7×10 are out in paperback and so are the two e-book box sets
– 2 – Update my two paperbacks, How To Be A Jewel Diva and Closet Confidential.
– 2.2 – I have decided to add style sheets to the pbs in 2018, which will also be given away for free as a download on my style website when people sign up to an email list once I get it done. I will re-release under my own imprint. Deadline is May, but I’m having trouble completing them due to MS Publisher claiming I have no disc space left when trying to add pages to the document. I do have space, and need to fix the problem so I can get it finished. If anyone knows how to fix the problem, let me know.
UPDATE – I’ve updated the interiors to both, made up the style files workbook for both books, will most likely be released in 2019. I just have to set up an email account for a newsletter.
– 3.1 – I still haven’t got #teenblogger to Ellen DeGeneres yet.
– 3.2 – It’s in the planning and I want to make it as professional as possible and tweak it in the next month or so. It’s important that I make it look good, and important that I try and get it out there even though it’s been two years since I released it.
UPDATE – #teenblogger was sent to Ellen on August 30th 2018
ACHIEVED AND BLOGGED!!!!!
– 4 – I want to get my jewellery back into its own website so we’ll see. Selling has been on hold for the last two years due to money, time and energy. I’m still looking for wordpress templates that would suit the type of website look I want, but with everything else going on, this won’t happen for some time.
UPDATE – not happening this year.
(2) Under T.K. Wrathbone I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Get three stories written up, typed up, edited and out along with an anthology. Thank God I’ve already done the e-covers.
– 1.2 – All four will be released in the second half of the year.
– 2.1 – Will get the paperback version of last year’s stories done professionally, and it will be out before this year’s new stories.
– 2.2 – I am also updating the first two Bones pbs and will release them under my imprint during the year.
UPDATE – ALL three bones paperbacks were re-released under my own imprint.
I’ve written, typed up and released this year’s stories in November.
(3) Under L.J. Diva I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Put the next book, Love Never Dies through two more rounds of editing (one was done on the Australia Day long weekend on the 26/27th of Jan).
– 1.2 – Get the cover finished, and release it in March.
– 1.3 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover for release in September.
– 2.1 – I typed up the last couple of hundred pages of Stefan: The New Generation in January.
– 2.2 – I need to put it through 3-4 rounds of editing.
– 2.3 – Then send it off to my editor across three months because it’s so long it will cost a fortune.
– 2.4 – Then two more rounds of editing and get the cover done.
– 2.5 – Release it in September as an e-book.
– 2.6 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover.
– 3 – Release all four Porn Star Brothers novellas in paperback, along with the deluxe collector’s edition novel, and the novel Forever all in paperback. March is the deadline, but it could be April or May as I need proofs first.
– 4.1 – I want to type up next year’s novella which isn’t due for release until March 2019 so it gives me time to edit and add to it.
– 4.2 – I also want to try and get the last book in the series written up. That isn’t due until Sep 2019, but I like to be ahead of myself due to outlay costs so I know ahead of time where I can fit it all in.
– 5 – I’d like to try and get some of the short stories for the series written up. I can do the e-book covers myself and I’ve bought the pictures for them, so I will save money doing that. It will just be editing I’ll have to pay for. But who knows, they won’t be due until after the last novel, but I will release them weekly, so they will need to be all done.
– 6.1 – I also want to update my four standalone novels. I updated the interiors last year, changed them to a 6×9 format, and will have the covers re-done for them.
– 6.2 – Then re-release under my imprint in September, December by the latest. They are still available at Amazon in paperback, but, with the new format in 6×9, and with recent changes in CreateSpace, it means the prices can be lowered, so…
– 6.3 – I also have to re-evaluate my pricing strategy.
That means all but three of my books will be moved to my own imprint by the end of the year. The last three can stay under Amazon’s imprint until I remove them or update them. Dream It, Write It, Publish It has a deadline for updating of 2020. Which means, in 2019 I will need to massively update it for a mid-year re-release, hopefully.
UPDATE – ALL four Porn Star Brothers novellas and three novels were released in paperback in September through CreateSpace (now KDP Print) and Ingram Sparks so they can be ordered via bookstores.
Stefan was released as an e-book and I did the interior late this month and had the cover done for a proof before next year’s release. I also typed up and edited the next year’s release.
I am yet to write up the final book, but will get to it over the holidays. I’ve already set myself a 20 day period to write at least 10 pages a day, which would make 200 pages of a book. Not sure whether it will be that long, but I do also hope to get at least five short stories done for “future” PSB story lines. Written’s one thing, at least the story’s done. Getting it typed up will be next, followed by editing, then releasing.
ALL four novels had a cover change and will be re-released under my imprint by the end of the year.
I also copyrighted all of my books with the US copyright agency.
As you can see, there’s a hell of a lot of green going on and still some orange that will be finished off over the next few months, and thankfully, everything will slow down come next year. There will be several paperbacks to release as books come out (or are reprinted) under L.J. Diva and T.K. Wrathbone. Tiara King is doing nothing at this stage, although there are a couple of book series I want to do, but until the Porn Star Brothers series is out of my head in full, only then can I really get into anything else and that won’t be until 2020-2021. Yikes! And T.K. Wrathbone releases every year, so they need to be done as well.
I also want to get the prequel and sequel to The Road To Vegas done, plus I’m considering two sequels to Hollywood Dreams (formerly How I Won Lotto), purely because I want to use the pictures I bought. So, we’ll see what happens. I have until I’m 50 and that’s 5.5 years away.
PLANS FOR THE HOLIDAY
I’ll be doing a bunch of stuff over the break, writing, editing, getting shit done. I plan on having Dec 21-31 off for a break, but I already have those days planned. Writing up all of my diaries for the year, getting next year’s plans and planners done, sorting out all of my planner stuff and re-organising my bookcases. Plus doing my yearly clothing and accessory audit. I plan on spending two days on each thing, so two days for the audit, two days for all of my yearly diaries, two days for my shelves, two days for my travel/goals happy planner I’m yet to get around to. I’ll be taking pictures, if I remember, so I’ll have blog posts to show next year.
I’ll also be doing a major jewellery overhaul. I’m sure I’ll be buying lots for Christmas, so will have lots to blog about, but I’m a bit over jewels I made ten plus years ago not standing up to the test of time. And I’m a bit sick of old pieces, so a major remake and overhaul it is. Again, lots of pictures so I have lots of blog posts to talk about.