What I did on my holiday…
Last year, I told you of my writing plan for the year and I’m going to be doing it again. I’ve colour coded some of them. Green is for ‘done’, orange is for ‘in the process of’.
(1) Under Tiara King I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Release the six book series, Poems Of A Musical Flavour, in paperback.
– 1.2 – The paperbacks have been mostly done and need tweaking, which will be done sometime in Feb or March. I had a time limit for March for the 6 pbs, but it might be pushed back to May.
– 1.3 – All will be released through Amazon and Ingram Sparks which I have joined as a publisher and they will be under my imprint.
– 1.4 – I will also release the omnibus e-book and make e-book #1 permafree.
– 1.5 – The omnibus pb will be released in September and I’m doing my own interior and having the cover done professionally. It will be 6×9 size and very thick.
– 2.1 – Update my two paperbacks, How To Be A Jewel Diva and Closet Confidential.
– 2.2 – I have decided to add style sheets to the pbs in 2018, which will also be given away for free as a download on my style website when people sign up to an email list once I get it done. I will re-release under my own imprint. Deadline is May, but I’m having trouble completing them due to MS Publisher claiming I have no disc space left when trying to add pages to the document. I do have space, and need to fix the problem so I can get it finished. If anyone knows how to fix the problem, let me know.
– 3.1 – I still haven’t got #teenblogger to Ellen DeGeneres yet.
– 3.2 – It’s in the planning and I want to make it as professional as possible and tweak it in the next month or so. It’s important that I make it look good, and important that I try and get it out there even though it’s been two years since I released it.
– 4 – I want to get my jewellery back into its own website so we’ll see. Selling has been on hold for the last two years due to money, time and energy. I’m still looking for wordpress templates that would suit the type of website look I want, but with everything else going on, this won’t happen for some time.
(2) Under T.K. Wrathbone I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Get three stories written up, typed up, edited and out along with an anthology. Thank God I have already done the e-covers.
– 1.2 – All four will be released in the second half of the year.
– 2.1 – Will get the paperback version of last year’s stories done professionally, and it will be out before this year’s new stories.
– 2.2 – I am also updating the first two Bones pbs and will release them under my imprint during the year.
(3) Under L.J. Diva I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Put the next book, Love Never Dies through two more rounds of editing (one was done on the Australia Day long weekend on the 26/27th of Jan).
– 1.2 – Get the cover finished, and release it in March.
– 1.3 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover for release in September.
– 2.1 – I typed up the last couple of hundred pages of Stefan: The New Generation in January.
– 2.2 – I need to put it through 3-4 rounds of editing.
– 2.3 – Then send it off to my editor across three months because it’s so long it will cost a fortune.
– 2.4 – Then two more rounds of editing and get the cover done.
– 2.5 – Release it in September as an e-book.
– 2.6 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover.
– 3 – Release all four Porn Star Brothers novellas in paperback, along with the deluxe collector’s edition novel, and the novel Forever all in paperback. March is the deadline, but it could be April or May as I need proofs first.
– 4.1 – I want to type up next year’s novella which isn’t due for release until March 2019 so it gives me time to edit and add to it.
– 4.2 – I also want to try and get the last book in the series written up. That isn’t due until Sep 2019, but I like to be ahead of myself due to outlay costs so I know ahead of time where I can fit it all in.
– 5 – I’d like to try and get some of the short stories for the series written up. I can do the e-book covers myself and I’ve bought the pictures for them, so I will save money doing that. It will just be editing I’ll have to pay for. But who knows, they won’t be due until after the last novel, but I will release them weekly, so they will need to be all done.
– 6.1 – I also want to update my four standalone novels. I updated the interiors last year, changed them to a 6×9 format, and will have the covers re-done for them.
– 6.2 – Then re-release under my imprint in September, December by the latest. They are still available at Amazon in paperback, but, with the new format in 6×9, and with recent changes in CreateSpace, it means the prices can be lowered, so…
– 6.3 – I also have to re-evaluate my pricing strategy.
That means all but three of my books will be moved to my own imprint by the end of the year. The last three can stay under Amazon’s imprint until I remove them or update them. Dream It, Write It, Publish It has a deadline for updating of 2020. Which means in 2019, I will need to massively update it for a mid-year re-release, hopefully.
And that’s it, that is my writing plan for 2018.